We collect personal information you provide to us, or that we receive from marketing partners, social media platforms, and other publicly-available sources. The personal information we collect includes, without limitation:
- Contact data, such as your name; your email address; and your phone number.
- Account data, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us.
- If you choose to login to the Site via a third-party platform or social media network, we may collect information from that platform or network. You can read more about your privacy choices with respect to such platforms in the “Options” section below.
- Feedback, such as information you provide, and content that you upload when you contact us with questions, feedback, upload attachments, or otherwise correspond with us online (including on our social media pages).
- Payment data, such as credit card number and expiration date, account number, and billing and shipping addresses.
- Transaction data, such as details about the products you browse and the purchases you make on our Site.
- Engagement data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities and publications, and details about how you engage with our Site and communications.
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, device identifier (such as the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising), the website you visited before browsing our Site, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as browsing history, search history, whether you clicked on or opened one of our emails, which of our pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
You may refuse to provide certain personal information, but some parts of the Site may not be fully available or functional without submitting such information.
Use of Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
Operations. We use personal information to operate the Site and provide related services, including to:
- provide, operate and improve the Site and our services
- manage and fulfill the orders you’ve placed on the Site
- establish and maintain your account on the Site
- facilitate your login to the Site via third-party identity and access management providers
- enable security features of the Site, such as by sending you security codes via email, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in
- communicate with you about the Site or your orders, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- communicate with you about events or contests in which you participate
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Site and our communications
- respond to your requests, questions and feedback
- protect the security of the Site and our systems
- provide you with customer support when needed.
Research and development. We may analyze use of the Site to analyze and improve the Site and our services, and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Site.
Marketing. We may send you Simplewear-related marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the “Opt out of marketing” section below.
Compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. We may use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities, and as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Site; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect, by removing the information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use and share such anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data for any purpose we deem appropriate, including without limitation to maintain and improve the Site and our current and future products and services.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information with:
Service providers. We may share your personal information with third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the service (such as payment, customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, and database management services). These third parties may use your personal information only as directed or authorized by us and in a manner consistent with this Policy, and are prohibited from using or disclosing your information for any other purpose.
Advertising partners. We may enable advertising partners to automatically collect information directly from our Site for targeted marketing purposes.
Other users of the Site and social media. We may provide functionality that enables you to disclose personal information to other users of the Site or certain social media platforms. For instance, when you create a registry, users of the Site may locate your registry and view your name, registry items, and certain event details. We may also allow you to share your purchases and your registry information with social media platforms, such as Facebook. We do not control how other users or third parties use any personal information that you make available to other users or third party platforms.
Authorities and others. We may also share personal information with third parties: (i) for our compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes, including in connection with a court order, subpoena, government investigation, or when otherwise required by law; and (ii) in connection with, or during negotiation of, a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, or similar event.
Opt out of marketing communications. If at any time you wish to opt-out of future newsletters or other promotional emails, you may click the “unsubscribe” link in the email or otherwise contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Access, update or delete information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain personal information in your account profile by logging into the account. You may delete your account or your registry by contacting us at email@example.com.
Cookies & browser web storage. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Site may not work properly. Similarly, your browser settings may allow you to clear your browser web storage.
Advertising choices. You can limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by:
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Digital Advertising Alliance: optout.aboutads.info.
- AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices, which will allow you to opt-out of interest-based ads in mobile apps served by participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance.
You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device from which you wish to opt-out.
Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked to above.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Third-party platforms or social media networks. If you choose to connect to the Site via a third-party platform or social media network, you may have the ability to limit the information that we may obtain from the third-party at the time you login to the Site using the third-party’s authentication service or otherwise connect your account. Subsequently, you may be able to control your settings through the third-party’s platform or service. If you withdraw our ability to access certain information from a third-party platform or social media network, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third-party.
Information about Children
The Site is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Site from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it. We encourage parents or guardians with concerns to contact us.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Third Party Sites
If you have any further questions concerning this Policy, please contact:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: 48 West 38th Street, 10th Floor NY NY